Monday, November 4, 2013

Pardon my blogging intermission...it's hunting season

I've been slacking a bit on the blogging scene. It wasn't on purpose, but we've been quite busy. Yes, it's deer season, but no, I can't say that's where all my time has gone. I have graced the deer stand a few times over the past few weekends, but we've had lots of other fun events going on as well.

Mid-October, we had our grand opening at James Farmer Inc. The day and evening were a huge success! We were very pleased with the turn out and loved having Gena Knox in town with her new cookbook.



Two weekends ago, Brince and I spent the weekend in Gainesville with the Griffins. We loved getting to spend the whole weekend with Henry. He is growing, growing! He changes so much between every time we see him. We also celebrated Mag's birthday on Saturday night with a scrumptious meal and cake! It was great family time.

Meanwhile, Halloween was on Thursday. I was SO excited to hand out candy at our house. You see, since my parents live in the true country and I lived in apartments during college/post-college, I've never gotten to hand out candy on Halloween. We hosted the Burdeshaws for dinner and anxiously awaited little trick-or-treaters. To my disappointment, we only had about 5 kids come by our house. Now we are left eating the two bowls of candy we purchased {oops}.

This past weekend, we staked out in Hawkinsville at the river so that B could hunt the entire weekend. Coincidentally, it is the same weekend that I shot my deer last year. I still go out with Brince to hunt some, but now he only lets me "watch."


Cooper and I enjoyed watching the Dawgs pull out a W over the Gators on Saturday! That never gets old!

And here we are! I can't believe it's November already and the holidays will be upon us way before anyone is ready for them! This month is stacking up to be a busy one. They'll be lots of fun things to share with you. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment