Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ceremony Flowers

Since I was old enough to start thinking about having a wedding, I knew that I wanted to be married in my beautiful church. Knowing this made the first steps of wedding planning very easy. I'll be the first to say that there are many gorgeous, unique wedding venues around Georgia. I'm very fond of many of the ones that I have visited. However, I think there is something romantic and special, not to mention traditional, about a church wedding. When you have a church as beautiful as mine, it's a no brainer that it is the perfect backdrop for a lovely wedding.



When making decisions for decorating and flower decisions for the church, we decided to let the structural beauty of the church speak for itself and to keep our decor to a minimum. Therefore, we chose to do 3 large impact flower arrangements in the front of the church rather than multiple flower arrangements, candles, etc. all over the church. James and the JFI team did such a great job! We all know how opinionated I am and that I don't do well giving up control (I'll admit it!). James was so patient with me as a "demanding" bride and listened to me express my "visions" for him to bring to life. 

For the altar table, we used a few white hydrangeas in 3 silver julep cups. Simple elegance! 


For the pew markers, we used a few green hydrangeas with magnolia leaves. The large arrangements in the front were a combination of white hydrangeas, eucalyptus, white roses, and agarista.






Stay tuned for my favorite part of the flowers - the bouquets and boutonnieres!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you shared this information on these ceremony flowers. I am searching online for best San Francisco Florist as want to send flowers on my best friend’s first wedding anniversary. Hope to find an affordable one in time.

    ReplyDelete