Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wedding Flowers

A couple of weeks ago, we at James Farmer Inc. worked on the flowers for a lovely fall wedding in Perry. The wedding was beautiful, and the bride was glowing! I especially love when our work week at JFI includes weddings and flowers. It's my thing! I just love weddings! Working on this wedding got me anxious to share about the fabo flower selection from my wedding.

My wedding was also a "James Farmer Designs" floral masterpiece. Considering he is my boss, it made it hard for him to turn me down when I asked him to design the flowers for my wedding! I chose all of my wedding vendors very carefully, and I am sooo glad I had James on my team. Since my day job is business manager at JFI, I did most of the planing and prep, hoping this would ease the pain of the job for James (I'm not sure that it did)! James and the rest of our team executed my wishes spectacularly! I'm so grateful for their hard work! I couldn't have been happier with the end result.

I put a lot of time into researching different looks (or you could say "browsing Pinterest"), planning the overall theme for my wedding, and selecting my flower designs. Even though Pinterest is a fabulous tool for wedding planning, I liked having a physical inspiration board to stare at too. Therefore, I made the board below and kept it in my living room for the duration of our engagement.


With the rustic chic decor that we chose for the reception, I wanted to stick with simple flowers in the natural realm of greens, accented with white and just a touch of peach. We stuck with a simple selection of white hydrangeas, eucalyptus, queen anne's lace, amaranthus, dahlias and david austin roses. 

These beauties were at the entryway to the barn greeting guests upon arrival.


James did a great job on the buffet centerpiece. The wooden keg and galvanized pale blended the rustic decor with the barn setting.


For the table centerpieces, we used a mixture of old glass candy jars, tall mason jars, willow jar vases and lanterns. The flowers were placed on top of cut oak disks. I loved that the centerpieces all matched, but none were identical.






On the guest book table, James incorporated peach dahlias and david austin roses into the floral display. More details on our guest book later!


Probably my favorite floral design at the reception was the cake display. I chose a very simple tiered cake with a horizontal whipped icing design. We created the perfect "pop" with accent florals on the cake. Here's a picture of our "inspiration" cake and our executed design.


For the cake display, I used my family's old farm table, which my siblings and I dined at every day as little children. If only that table could tell stories! My grandmother provided the crocheted lace overlay to go on the table. We framed the table with large iron candelabras and lots of bouquets. It was a gorgeous vignette!




Tomorrow I'll share the flowers from our beautiful wedding ceremony in the church!










1 comment:

  1. Your choices are all gorgeous! Your wedding must have been filled with heavenly sight and smell, with those flowers adorning almost every corner of the venue. Even the cake looks so stunning with its floral design. What about your wedding bouquet? Was it that one left side of table in the last photo?

    Nan Blume @ Nan’s Blossom Shop

    ReplyDelete