Friday, May 23, 2014

{Nailed or Failed}: A Menu Pallet


For our wedding, I wanted to display a menu board for our fantastic southern dinner that we put together with the caterer, BJ Smith Events. I must say, everything was delicious! I especially loved the passed hors d'oeuvres that we chose and I wanted to be sure guests knew what was being served...in case they needed to search it out! I wanted a menu that was easy to read for all guests, not too small, and was consistent with the look of the reception. This menu board found on Pinterest was the perfect inspiration. Since my Dad farms cantaloupes, I've been familiar with pallets around the warehouses since I was a little girl. 

Inspiration image from Style Me Pretty blog

I got Dad to pull me a good pallet that didn't have any broken slats but still had some colored "age" to it. With my background in art, this project was right up my alley. I set the pallet up in the kitchen and got to work. I outlined the words with pencil then painted them with a small paintbrush. I was really pleased with the turn out! This was such a simple project. It's a perfect option for a rustic wedding on a budget. The largest investment was my time - a couple evenings of painting.

My design, photo by VUE Photography

What do you think? Hit or miss?


Recently, my aunt was inspired to complete her own pallet project. Her oldest son, Asa, graduated from High School (congrats Asa!) last Friday. She was charged to do a display of photos and hobbies representative of Asa for the graduation service. I love what she did using a pallet to display a "definition" of Asa. How cute! And, aren't all of the photos surrounding the pallet great?!


No comments:

Post a Comment